Expand your heart. Enrich your life.
Come to El Azariyah and change the life of a young Palestinian child. Volunteers and interns, and the energy and optimism that they bring are a critical part of House of Hope’s life-giving work.
Many volunteers and interns have traveled from all over the world to bring hope to the young children and women it serves.
There are many ways that volunteers can participate:
- lead music, dance or art therapy sessions
- create activities around themes like non-violence, healthy communication, and self-esteem
- deliver speech or occupational therapy
- teach English as an English Teaching Intern
- lead computer skills or other vocational skills workshops with local women
- capture House of Hope in action with filmmaking or photography
- strengthen organizational visibility and capacity with website development, grant writing, and graphic design
- another special skill or volunteer idea not listed above
A cultural immersion experience, volunteers will be introduced to the local community to learn about Palestine’s rich culture and history.
Volunteer and internship opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender or nationality. What matters is a passion for making a difference in the lives of Palestinian children and women.
The right candidates have the following attributes:
- Self Motivated and Proactive– A team worker who needs light to moderate daily direction; can self-motivate and identify opportunities to support the school.
- Culturally Sensitive- A socially aware traveler who has a desire to understand conservative Muslim Palestinian culture that values modest dress.
- Playful and Engaged- A fun loving person who loves to play and talk with children; empathetic to children experiencing trauma and eager to give children loving support and encouragement.
- Team Oriented and Open- An capable communicator who works well in a collaborative team environment; takes advice when needed on navigating the West Bank and observing cultural sensitivity
- Committed and Accountable- A responsible person who will follow through on commitments made to House of Hope students; Steadfast in their contribution of ideas and brainstorming.
The duration of our program is flexible. Except for the six to twelve month English Teaching Internship program, international volunteers and interns join House of Hope throughout the year for various lengths of stay, from one week to six months.
House of Hope is open year round. The elementary school is open during two school semesters: fall, beginning in September, which is followed by the spring semester that concludes in May. House of Hope also operates a summer school from June – August.
Volunteers and interns are invited to stay for free at House of Hope in a comfortable shared room. Lessons in Arabic can be arranged for those interested.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com.